5 things you must know before the market opens on Tuesday
Domestic benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty are likely to open higher on Tuesday tracking global cues. The BSE Sensex dipped around 144 points on Monday on account of muted start of second quarterly earnings and a lacklustre global trend.
1) Nifty futures on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX Nifty) was trading 30 points up at 8,561.50, indicating a gap-up opening for domestic equity markets.
2) Asian peers were trading higher on Tuesday thanks to a rebound in oil prices and the dollar consolidated recent gains although underlying risk appetite was cautious on concerns over capital outflows and weak data, especially from China. Hang Seng, Nikkei and Shanghai were up by 1 per cent, 0.18 per cent and 0.14 per cent, respectively.
3) US markets closed lower on Monday as lower oil prices weighed on energy shares. The Dow Jones Industrial Average index shed 0.29 per cent, to 18,086.4, the S&P 500 slipped 0.3 per cent to 2,126.5 and the Nasdaq Composite index declined 0.27 per cent, to 5,199.82.
4) Oil prices rose early on Tuesday as some analysts said markets might not be quite as oversupplied as suggested by many, with global inventories rising less than expected ahead of the high-demand winter heating season in the northern hemisphere.
5) Results today: Can Fin Homes, Mastek, Rasoi Ltd, Havells India and Saven Technologies will announce their financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 on Tuesday.