EdTechXGlobal Co-chairing Launch of London EdTech Week
LONDON, April 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ —
Ten leading education technology organisations based in London are joining forces to launch the first London EdTech Week from 19th to 23rd June 2017.
The organisations comprise EdtechXGlobal, British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA), EdTech Exchange, Google for Education, The EdTech Podcast, Emerge Education, Nesta, TES Global, University College London (UCL) Institute of Education and UK Education Weekly.
London EdTech Week will showcase the latest developments in education technology and all participants in EdTech are invited to engage through a series of connected and collaborative events, including conferences, meet-ups, cocktail events, product demonstrations, awards and launch parties. The week of events is being run to coincide with the fifth annual EdTechX Europe conference on 20th and 21st June.
Co-Founder of London EdTech Week and EdtechXGlobal, Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet said: “Innovationineducationrequirescollaborativeandcommunity-ledapproachesandthat’swhywearethrilledtoconnect,togetherwithourtenco-chairs,theentireEdTechecosystemthroughacollaborativeandcommunity-ledweek-longeventseries.”
The 10 co-chairs have already announced the events (see list below) that will form the backbone of London EdTech Week and are expecting 15 additional community events to be announced.
- Monday19June – Hosted by The Edtech Podcast and Nesta – ‘Live Podcast: Is Edtech a Thing (Yet)?’ at Nesta from 6pm – 9pm. Audience: Investors,Government,EducationLeaders&BusinessManagers(K-12,HE,FE),StartUps,ScaleUps.
- Tuesday20June– Hosted by Google for Education – ‘Fuel the Future’, Barclay Primary School in Leyton from 10am – 2pm. Audience: K-12schoolleaders,ITleadersandeducators
- Tuesday20June– Hosted by EdTechXGlobal – ‘London EdTech Field Trips: Connect with the Best’ – Six venues across London, 10am – 5pm. Audience: Innovators,Investors,CorporatesandEducationInstitutions
- Tuesday20June– Hosted by UCL Institute of Education – ‘AI and the democratisation of Education’ – IoE Logan Hall, 2pm – 5pm. Audience: Innovators,Investors,CorporatesandEducationInstitutions
- Tuesday20June– Hosted by BESA – ‘Measuring EdTech Effectiveness’ at Grand Committee Room in the House of Commons, Westminster 7:30pm – 9pm. Audience:Innovators,Industry,Policy,Educators
- Tuesday20June— Hosted by Emerge Education – ‘Red Dragon’s Den Pitching Event’ at EdSpace – 2pm – 5pm. Audience: Innovators,Investors,AngelInvestors
- Tuesday20June –– Hosted by EdTechXGlobal & HealthTechXEurope – ‘EdTech Meets HealthTech Networking Drinks’ at the close of our inaugural HealthTechXEurope summit at 30 Euston Square, from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. Audience: Innovators,Investors,ThoughtLeaders
- Wednesday21June –– Hosted by EdTechXGlobal – ‘EdTechXEurope Thought Leadership Summit’ at Kings Place from 7am – 7pm. Audience: Innovators,Start-ups,Investors,CorporateLeaders,Educators,Non-ProfitOrganisations,Governments,Influencers
- Wednesday21June –– Hosted by EdTech Exchange & EdTechXGlobal – ‘VIP London EdTech Week Party’ at Kings Place Rotunda bar and restaurant from 7pm – late. Audience: Innovators,Investors,CorporateLeaders,Educators,Non-Profits,Governments,Influencers
- Thursday22June –– Hosted by Google for Education – Multi Academy Trust Leadership Symposium at Google UK, 6 Pancras Square, London10am – 3pm. Audience:MultiAcademyTrustleaders
- Thursday22June –– Hosted by Emerge Education – ‘EdTech Milkround and Networking Event’ at Edspace from 6pm – 10pm. Audience:Innovators,Start-ups
- Friday –– Hosted by TES Global – ‘TES Annual Teacher Awards’ at Grosvenor Hotel from 5:30pm – 11pm. Audience:K-12,HigherEducationEducatorsandAdministrators
Members of the EdTech community are welcome to bring their own event to the London Edtech Week and to share details here: http://ecosystem.edtechxeurope.com/london-edtech-week-co-chair-events
London EdTech Week will take place at several venues across London on 19 – 23 June 2017 – for more information and to reserve your place, please visit http://www.londonedtechweek.com
London EdTech Week is an open, collaborative platform that connects the local and global EdTech ecosystem through a week-long event series across London from 19th to 23rd June 2017. Ten leading education brands have come together to create this event series celebrating innovation and education across London. The ten Co-Chairs are British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA), EdTech Exchange, EdTechXGlobal, EdTech Podcast, Emerge Education, Google for Education, Nesta, TES Global, University College London (UCL) and UK Education Weekly.
In addition to the events organised by the Co-Chairs, London EdTech Week welcomes anyone from the local and global EdTech community to host an event in London anytime from 19th to 23rd June 2017.
For more information and to participate in London EdTech Week visit: http://www.londonedtechweek.com
EdTechXGlobal connects the global EdTech community though insight, investment and annual thought leadership event series, EdTechXEurope in London and EdTechXAsia in Singapore. The EdTechXGlobal summits bring together executive level investors, innovators, and industry influencers from worldwide education technology companies. Through extensive networking opportunities, the conferences in London and Singapore also aim to connect leading foundations, higher-education institutions, policy makers, and thought leaders from the industry.
Now in its fifth year, EdTechXEurope 2017 is scheduled to take place at Kings Place in London, UK on 20 and 21 June, hosting 800+ global attendees and over 150 global speakers. The EdTechXAsia summit and expo will invite 1200+ global thought leaders from the Asia region and the international EdTech industry for a two-day event on 31st October and 1st November 2017 focused on 21st Century Skills & Education in Asia and worldwide.
For more information and to reserve your place, visit: http://edtechxglobal.com/
Twitter: @edtecheurope /@edtechxasia / LinkedIn