Mohawk Industries Highlights ‘Good Choices’ In Fifth Annual Sustainability Report
CALHOUN, Ga., July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Sustainable practices are ultimately good choices. In its fifth annual sustainability report, Mohawk Industries, the world’s largest flooring manufacturer, highlights the good choices the Company makes each day for customers, employees, shareholders, communities and the environment.
"Mohawk’s success is attributable to the good choices made in the past and will be sustained by making good choices in the future," said Dave Patton, Mohawk Industries’ chief sustainability officer. "As our business continues to grow and expand into new geographies, we remain committed to making responsible choices that create the greatest value for our stakeholders, our customers and the men and women who make up our Company."
Mohawk’s sustainability report underscores the Company’s commitment to good choices while maintaining consistency, transparency and accuracy in reporting. The 2013 sustainability report includes Mohawk’s three recent acquisitions, which ensures a comprehensive report that truly covers the entire enterprise.
"Last year, Mohawk’s global footprint expanded significantly, and our three major recent acquisitions are reflected in our sustainability report," said Jenny Cross, vice president of corporate sustainability at Mohawk Industries. "Companies usually require years to fold acquisitions into their sustainability reporting, but our 2013 report includes complete and accurate performance metrics from our entire enterprise."
Mohawk’s interactive report, available exclusively online at www.mohawksustainability.com, highlights the Company’s good choices in 2013 and reaffirms its commitment to global stakeholders.
Highlights from Mohawk’s 2013 Sustainability Report include:
- Continuation of the Company’s legacy of sustainable product innovation with Continuum™ clean recycled polyester fiber processing and Easy Airtight™ energy efficient roofing insulation panels
- Extension of "Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill" program with twelve new sites earning the designation
- Expansion of ability to meet local market needs into new geographies for laminate and ceramic products
- Employment of 28% more individuals than in 2012
- OHSAS 18001 health and safety certification at two North American Ceramic facilities
- Completion of EPDs for all ceramic products manufactured in North America
- Partnership between commercial carpet business and the International Living Future Institute and addition of Declare™ labels to products within the commercial carpet portfolio
- FloorScore® certification for all solid wood, engineered wood and laminate floors manufactured in the U.S.
During 2013, Mohawk continued to make positive progress toward all of its 2020 environmental goals, which are key components of the Company’s sustainability platform. Using 2010 levels as baselines, Mohawk has committed to 25% intensity reductions for energy, greenhouse gases (GHG), water and waste to landfill by 2020.
"We remain committed to using resources more efficiently, reducing our emissions and up-cycling our waste stream into first quality products," said Cross. "These practices are consistent with the values of millions of people, and we encourage that community to enter into dialogue with us through our social media platforms. We welcome feedback and good ideas that can help us further improve our sustainability practices."
Individuals can post comments on Mohawk’s LinkedIn platform or follow the company’s Twitter feed (@mhkgreenworks). The Company also has a dedicated e-mail account to respond to sustainability inquiries: email@example.com.
To access Mohawk’s fifth annual Sustainability Report, please visit: www.mohawksustainability.com.