Skip to Content

Tuesday, August 20th, 2019

No confirmation that family of three have Zika

Closed
by September 3, 2016 General

MALACCA: There is no conformation on a message claiming that a family of three from Durian Tunggal here are quarantined for suspected Zika.

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron said the three women could have contracted a viral infection after returning from Singapore on Aug 30.

“Some jumped the gun and even reported that there was a Zika outbreak in Malacca even before the medical screening has come back.

“I will be the first one to be alerted if there is such outbreak and so far I have not received anything,” he said on Saturday.

He said the three women, who visited Singapore on Aug 26, showed no signs of Zika infection.

State Health, Sports Development and Anti-Drugs Committee chairman Datuk Ab Rahaman Ab Karim hoped no one would circulate rumours on an outbreak as the Health Ministry had not confirmed it yet.

Previous
Next