Skip to Content

Tuesday, August 20th, 2019

No takkar with Tucker, says Chandrababu Naidu

Closed
by June 24, 2016 General

OTHER DECISIONS

Land allotments

150 acres: Indo-UK Health Institute given land in Amaravati for Rs 50 lakh per acre.

200 acres: Vellore Institute of Technology given land for Rs 50 lakh per acre

50 acres: National Institute of Tool Design

937 acres: DRDO project in Madugula Mandal in Visakhapatnam district

 286 acres: APIIC given land for Multi Modal Logistics Park in Valluru in Anakapalli mandal in Visakhapatanm district at a price of Rs 10 lakh pare acre 

NOCs for ex-servicemen 

The cabinet cleared a proposal to remove the requirement of an NOC for ex-servicemen if they want to sell land allotted to them after 10 years.

Kakinada port

The cabinet approved the Swiss Challenge route for converting the Kakinada port into a commercial port. 

VIJAYAWADA: The Andhra Pradesh cabinet on Friday cleared the Swiss Challenge method of selecting the contractor to build the seed capital of Amaravati. By this method, the project will be entrusted to a consortium of two Singapore-based companies which will have 58 per cent stake while the remaining 42 per cent will be vested with the Amaravati Development Company constituted to work with the consortium. Any consortium wanting to compete for the project would have to match or exceed the terms offered by the Singapore consortium.

“Ascendas-Singbridge and Sembcorp are the two Singapore-based companies to  which the capital project will be entrusted, and the Swiss Challenge option would be kept open for a specific period for any other company to challenge the bid. If no one turns up, the consortium will have a partnership with Amaravati Development Company,” chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu told the media after the cabinet meeting.

“We want the consortium to get cracking by August 15,” Naidu said. The Singapore consortium will be allotted 1,691 acres for taking up the project. To begin with, 50 acres will be given at a nominal price or free of cost to take up construction of iconic buildings.

The project proposal will have to be cleared by the cabinet again before the commencement of work. The chief minister said that in the first phase the government would allot 200 acres to the consortium at the rate of Rs 4 crore per acre. The capital project will be executed in three phases. The price of land fixed for the second and third phases would be fixed on the basis of the market price prevailing then.

The chief minister said that after going through the relevant acts and provisions, it was decided that the Swiss Challenge method would be ideal for selecting a partner to construct the capital city. The proposal was first vetted in accordance with the AP Infrastructure Development Enabling Act, 2001, and the Capital Region Development Authority Act. “I, as chairman of the CRDA, cleared the proposal and sent it to the chief secretary who in turn went through it thoroughly and after eliciting legal opinion and then circulating the file among the departments concerned, put it up to the cabinet for final clearance,” Naidu said.

He pointed out that without understanding the process involved in sending a proposal to the cabinet, the media erroneously reported that the chief secretary referred the file that came to him from the chief minister for legal advice and that there were differences between them. “The chief secretary only followed the procedure. There is nothing to be read between the lines,” Naidu said. Chief secretary S P Tucker was present at the chief minister’s media briefing.

In another decision, the cabinet cleared the proposal for constitution of the Urban Township and Infrastructure Corporation to ease the problem of housing for those who live in towns and cities.

Previous
Next