WWE® Supports 12 Charities with New Facebook Watch Show
STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– WWE (NYSE:WWE) today unveiled the 12 charitable organizations paired up with WWE Superstars competing in Mixed Match Challenge, a single-elimination mixed tag-team tournament, where the winning team will receive $100,000 to support their charity of choice. Mixed Match Challenge is a 12-week tournament that will stream live in the U.S. exclusively on Facebook Watch beginning this Tuesday, January 16 at 10 p.m. ET.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180112005461/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
‘Giving back is in WWE’s DNA and part of our long history, so we are thrilled that each Mixed Match Challenge team will compete to win the grand prize of $100,000 to support organizations that are truly important to them,’ said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. ‘This unique and exciting content partnership with Facebook allows us to raise awareness and funds for important initiatives and supports our mission of putting smiles on people’s faces around the world.’
Mixed Match Challenge Charities/Teams
In addition to the $100,000 grand prize, each team’s charitable organization will automatically receive $10,000.
The charities and teams include:
- Americares helps save lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Represented by: Bayley™ and Elias™.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America provides the resources needed to enable all young people, especially those who need them most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Represented by: Jimmy Uso™ & Naomi®.
- Connor’s Cure raises awareness and funds for pediatric cancer research, in partnership with The V Foundation and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Represented by: Alexa Bliss™ and Braun Strowman®.
- Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation initiative, inspires and connects girls globally through its leadership program that positions girls to be changemakers in their communities. Represented by: Bobby Roode™ and Charlotte Flair®.
- Global Citizen encourages the collective actions of people around the world with the goal of ending extreme poverty by 2030. Represented by: Lana® and Rusev®.
- Hire Heroes USA empowers U.S. military members, veterans and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce. Represented by: Alicia Fox® and Goldust®.
- KaBOOM! is dedicated to making sure all kids get the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play. Represented by: Big E™ and Carmella™.
- Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Represented by: Natalya® and Shinsuke Nakamura®.
- Rescue Dogs Rock is an animal rescue organization whose goal is to provide homeless, neglected or abused dogs the medical care they need and the loving home they deserve. Represented by: Asuka™ and The Miz®.
- UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first and works towards the day when no children suffer from preventable causes. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Represented by: Becky Lynch® and Sami Zayn®.
- Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to empower people with intellectual disabilities. Represented by: Finn Bálor® and Sasha Banks®.
- Susan G. Komen’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. Represented by: Apollo Crews® and Nia Jax™.
Facebook Watch is a new platform for shows on Facebook where brands can build and engage with a community of fans. Facebook Watch is available on desktop, mobile and connected TV apps. Fans can follow Mixed Match Challenge to add episodes to their personal Watchlists.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 20 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
About WWE Community
WWE is committed to leveraging the power of its brand and platforms to help address important social issues worldwide including diversity and inclusion, education, military support and providing hope to those in need. Through our partnerships with global and regional non-profits, WWE supports programs and initiatives that positively impact children and families around the world.
Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Forward-Looking Statements: This press release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks relating to: WWE Network; major distribution agreements; our need to continue to develop creative and entertaining programs and events; a decline in the popularity of our brand of sports entertainment; the continued importance of key performers and the services of Vincent K. McMahon; possible adverse changes in the regulatory atmosphere and related private sector initiatives; the highly competitive, rapidly changing and increasingly fragmented nature of the markets in which we operate and greater financial resources or marketplace presence of many of our competitors; uncertainties associated with international markets; our difficulty or inability to promote and conduct our live events and/or other businesses if we do not comply with applicable regulations; our dependence on our intellectual property rights, our need to protect those rights, and the risks of our infringement of others’ intellectual property rights; the complexity of our rights agreements across distribution mechanisms and geographical areas; potential substantial liability in the event of accidents or injuries occurring during our physically demanding events including, without limitation, claims relating to CTE; large public events as well as travel to and from such events; our feature film business; our expansion into new or complementary businesses and/or strategic investments; our computer systems and online operations; a possible decline in general economic conditions and disruption in financial markets; our accounts receivable; our revolving credit facility; litigation; our potential failure to meet market expectations for our financial performance, which could adversely affect our stock; Vincent K. McMahon exercising control over our affairs, and his interests may conflict with the holders of our Class A common stock; a substantial number of shares which are eligible for sale by the McMahons and the sale, or the perception of possible sales, of those shares could lower our stock price; and the relatively small public ‘float’ of our Class A common stock. In addition, our dividend is dependent on a number of factors, including, among other things, our liquidity and cash flow, strategic plan (including alternative uses of capital), our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends (including under our revolving credit facility), general economic and competitive conditions and such other factors as our Board of Directors may consider relevant. Forward-looking statements made by the Company speak only as of the date made, are subject to change without any obligation on the part of the Company to update or revise them, and undue reliance should not be placed on these statements.
View source version on businesswire.com:http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180112005461/en/
WWE – World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. published this content on 12 January 2018 and is solely responsible for the information contained herein.
Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 12 January 2018 17:09:03 UTC.